Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yep, I have been patiently waiting for the mail man.  He is bringing me a big surprise this week.
 My Vickie won't tell me what it is, but I am so excited.
 
While I wait, I can tell you that since I last posted, I have had many great adventures.  We are finally abl to get up into our mountains and I am in heaven.
 We are daily doing our "Walking Challenge" and this week we did a LOT of miles.  One day we met up with Murhpy and Paulette and Bill and headed to Willard Bay.  That is where we met the big pelican in the picture above.   My Vickie says that there are a whole bunch more on the north shore of the lake, but we didn't have time to drive that far so we were pretty lucky to see this one.
 Our Mountains are so colorful now with the Indian Paint Brush and This one.  We dont' know our flowers so well, so we hope that you guys will recognize it and tell us what it is.  My Vickie thinks it is balsom root or somthing like that.  Any answers?
 We saw our first moose of the season.  He was pretty far away but still so beautious. 

And this was my very first coyote ever.  My Vickie told me I had to watch out for them even more than the moose.  She said that sometimes in our area,they send out one dog that teases us tamed ones with the play bow.  Then when we run up to play with them, thier buddies who are hiding in the trees will pack out on us tamed ones and more often than not.....we tamed ones die.   I think I'll take the moose......
 My friends that came to stay with us for a week are Daisy and Gus Gus
 And here is a picture of Stomper.  We had so many friends come to stay with us this week, but I just picked a few of them for you to meet.
 Dog training on Saturday was GREAT.....This is such a fun group of dogs and humans. 
 Usually at the end of the walking and training, we all get to swim.  Even the little tiny ones like to swim.
 Remember my girlfriend Annie and how she almost drowned last week, Well, check it out.......She has learned to swim ......Now, she is not as good as me at the swimming but at least I don't have to worry that she is going to drown.   And if you are wondering what I am doing in the video.  Well, that Vickie of mine threw a stick up in the tree and I was trying to get it down.


Well, I'm off.  Gotta lot of miles to do this week......and I think we get to go
camping Tuesday.

Take Good Care Of Yourselves.
Lots of Love,    Bert

25 comments:

Finn said...

I can't wait to see what you get in the mail! And you are looking good when you're all wet too!

Unknown said...

What a cool walk yous went on! And the training session looks like fun! And me can'ts wait to see what yous gets in the mail.
Kitty Kisses
Nellie

Molly the Airedale said...

Annie is swimming and she looks so proud of herself!
You sure do want that stick that's stuck in the tree, Bert!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Amber-Mae said...

What an awesome fun day you pooches had! You were really determined to get that stick in the tree huh? Love your cute butt shot. TEE HEE

Cowspotdog said...

You sure do live in a pretty place - those are pawsome pictures. I wonder what the mailman is bringing you? Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about with swimming - I still say water is bad bad bad!

2browndawgs said...

Wonder what the mailman is bringing? Swimming is always good! Coyotes are not! Did you ever get that stick? :)

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oh Boy... Mail... FOR YOU!!

You certainly live in a beautiful area.

The Army of Four said...

Wow, Bert! It sure is beautiful where you live! I love those mountains and flowers and the wild animals!!! Tell me truly - did the coyote remind you of me? Ha roo roo roo!
How cool to have your pup pals over. I'm not so sure about the whole swimming scene, but I'm awfully glad you had such a good time!
Play bows,
Zim

violett said...

Hi Bert,
You show us beautiful images of an exciting trip.
My mom refers to nature shots very well done.
And I see that one is missing while swimming. Namely, I!
Mischka

Golden Samantha said...

Oh we wish we lived CLOSER!!! How beautiful it is there with those spectacular Rockies - wowzers! Your "roomies" look fun and the class looks wonnerful! We think the swimming looks best of all - hope you got that stickie!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Bert, thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. That was very kind. You look like a beautiful boy. My daughter has a choc lab who is training to be a rescue dog (i.e. resuce lost humans) with our state SES. I will visit again, no worries, love Carol.

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

Sounds like you've has some great walks! So glad you were able to get out into the mountains. It's beautiful space you have to walk. I'm glad you're enjoying the Walking Challenge!

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! What a fun week you have had! Mom thinks you must live close to heaven to see all the stuff your mom takes pictures of!

When you get a chance, stop by my blog. There's a pressie there for you, and I promise it didn't come from the litter pan.

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks and Kudzu

BeadedTail said...

We hope your mail that your waiting on comes soon! The get together with all your furiends looks like it was fun and we're glad Annie can swim now!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm a day late getting here but I'm glad I found my way to your blog this evening--What beautiful pictures, and I'd stick with the moose too, they're easier to keep track of!! I hope you have a fun time camping!!!

Meeka said...

You are so lucky. You always get to go to the lake for a swim.

rottrover said...

Bert! You always have SO much fun!!

Rottie Kisses

E.A. said...

Hello Bert, found you through Hawk's recommendation. Lovely blog - and what great pictures. Fetching sticks and swimming is something my greyhounds would never consider doing for fun!

E.A.
x

Oak said...

Looks like you had a great time, Bert :)

hazelmarie elliott said...

Bert, I always have the BEST time ever visiting you! I enjoyed spending the morning admiring you and your friends. Those pictures were amazing! And isn't Annie a lovely lady? You're a lucky guy, Bert.

Hope you have a marvelous week, sweet golden boy. You know I love your beautiful face...those brown eyes...

Be back soon,
M.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi Bret,
Boy you have a great exciting life!!! Long long walks, training, swimming and waiting for the mailman!! It all sounds so fun to me!!! I am so glad your girlfriend Annie has learned to swim b/c everyone should know how to swim!!
Thanks for your visit.
xx, Fern

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Bert I forgot to tell you I think your flower is a sunflower.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You make getting in the water look like so much fun - one of these days we have to get the Momster to take us to a lake. We hear the same thing about coyotes. Once in a while they are in the woods along the trails where we walk, but we have never seen one up close and personal.

We are wondering what came in the mail.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

NCmountainwoman said...

Great video, but I really think Miss Vickie should have put down the camera and gotten your stick out of that tree.

Are you waiting for your meds from PetMed? Our dogs can smell the box the instant we bring it inside.

Tanner and Beth said...

Getting mail is so much fun!! Mommy gets real excited when we get a package! Sometimes, they even have treats for me in them.

Puppy Kisses,
Tanner