Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Home is where Heaven is

 
Last night we went out to watch the snow
falling.  Me and My Vickie like to catch the
snowflakes in our mouths.  It is a fun game
 
 
It was amazing how BIG the snowflakes were.
Some were as big as my nose, others
covered My Vickie's palm
 
 
Cosmo got a few that fell on his body and the
one in the picture above is JUST ONE
snowdrop.  Seriously.  They were that BIG
I mean, does it get any better than this
 
Scotsmad: Yes, we are telling
the truth and nothing but the truth, this is
a picture of just one snowflake on Cosmos head
Honestly, I wouldn't lie about that. 
They were the size of My Vickies Palm 
 
 
So this morning, before the sun came up
(Like we are going to see the sun) We all went
out to shovel the kennels out.
Man there was a lot of snow.
 
When our guests came outside, they were shocked
and some of them, just turned around and went
back inside.  Mornings are so great.
 
 
Abby wasn't a lot of help at shoveling
but then, now that Jamie is gone
Abby is the queen and she directs, not
helps.  It is her duty.
 
 
So last night we got another foot of snow
and today we are going to have to
spend the day shoveling the roofs off again
But it is fun.  I stand under the buildings and My
Vickie pushes tons of snow off the roof
for me to catch and play with.
 
 
Today was the day for Bassets.  James Dean
brought all the foster dogs that have stayed
with him to play.  They all have wonderful homes
now, all except Sweet Bessie, so it was a day
of rejoicing and playing with friends
he hasn't seen for months.
 
 
 
 
Dougal joined in on the fun to.
Like me, he had cut himself on our ice
last week.  It opened up the old wound from
his snake bite.  Click here to READ.
 
But it is healed pretty much now so he got to
come today.  My foot cuts and the slices in
My Vickie's leg are not healed yet, but doing ok.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Of course, Allred would have nothing to do
with the snow.  Since he re-appeared last December
he has turned into a total "House Cat"
Wonder what happened.
 
 
Well, there was too much snow to get out
of the property to day to take me to the groomer
so I dont' get to go to the Hospital and visit
my patients, but even though I will miss them all
I am having a great time at my own home in
my little slice of heaven.
 
Love
Bert

40 comments:

The Army of Four said...

That's one TON of snow!!!
Play bows,
Zim

Sweet William The Scot said...

Oh Bert I am glad you like the snow so much. I call snow albino brain jiggers, I go to the door and see the white suff and back up. Cincinnati is a city of hills, if we had your snow we would never get anywhere.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sweet William The Scot

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We do not pretend to know much about snow. But we think you're pulling our legs when you say Cosmo has only ONE snowflake on him!

It looks like you guys are just having the BEST time. We love those flying basset ears!

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

B E R T !! Buddy you folks are gonna Run OUT of places to PUT all that snow. It isn't gonna MELT until the 4th. of July!!!
We are embarrassed to say this, butt it was 69 degrees here today.
Are you sure that is the REAL Allred?

Cowspotdog said...

That is what we we wondering - where are you go to put all that snow???

Sagira said...

Looks like you guys had fun in the snow. Those must be some huge snow flakes

klahanie said...

Aha, I'm making sure Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar, doesn't look at the photos! :)

I mean, after her recent experience with snow, she's not wanting to even think about it.

Penny's human, Gary :)

GOOSE said...

In really has dumped on us buddy. So much I did not get to come see you. But I did help my MOM shovel and blow the snow. And as you know we are not done yet. I will see you in the morning, that is if I can get out of our house.
Blessings,
Goose

tubby3pug said...

Wow tons of gorgeous fluffy snow, have fun!

urban hounds

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Wow you got a lot of snow. I'm with the cat, stay inside and wait for it to melt.

Dexter said...

Snow flakes as big as your nose? That's HUGE! Allred must be in retirement from his wandering ways, but I'm sure he can still cause mischief indoors.

Kisses,
Dexter

The Websters said...

That does look like heaven!

Nora

2browndawgs said...

More snow! and great pictures! All of our snow washed away in the rain. :(

Murphy said...

Yup - we got a lot of snow too! It was over our heads in certain areas!

Murphy & Stanley

Maggie Mae and Max said...

So much snow, we sure miss it here. Can you puleeze send some of dat our way?

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

PeeS Still doin' da boxer wiggle butt happy dat over Allred's return. :)

Idaho PugRanch said...

Wow you have tons of snow! We did get more but not that much. We love your new header!

pughugs
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

KB said...

Can you please please send us some of that snow? It does look like home is heaven right now, even if you have to endlessly shovel!

I love the vision of you and Bert catching flakes in your mouths in tandem!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Your snow is beautiful to us Okies! Sorry to hear about the many cuts/injuries it caused. Have a beautiful Wednesday, Bert!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Boy oh boy do you make that snow look like fun!
Benny & Lily

Millie and Walter said...

Hey Bert can I come play at the country club? All our snow has disappeared again!

Millie

Ruby said...

Wows!! That's alot of snow Bert!!
I didn't hear abouts Vicki's leg ~ I hopes she's healing up fast!
Well, at least it looks like you had a blast playing with your furends! Yea! I can't believe the size of those flakes!! OMD! Like a world record or somethin'!!
Kisses,
Ruby

What Remains Now said...

Bert...I think you guys are getting all of our snow. It was in the 60's here today...in northern Indiana! I think we broke a record. Thursday it is supposed to be 18 degrees, crazy. Looks like you all know what to do with it...have FUN. I love your header!

Sue and Doug said...

a fun day in the snow!! thanks for sharing all your good times with your pals!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

You guys have so much fun in the snow!

Ziggy Stardust said...

Bert I can see some yummy snow on your lips. It looks like you were having a blast with your pals. I am thinking it might be better that Allred stays in so you don't have to worry about her getting lost again. I love your header picture.

Loveys Sasha

Molly the Airedale said...

We had snow yesterday, Bert, and we went out to peepee earlier this morning, it was all gone! Could you please send us some? We would surely appreciate it!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Mollie said...

My dog, you sure has a lot of snow, send us some, cos mine was nicked :( Lovely photo's as always :) xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Bert,
It looks like you had a wonderful time helping out and playing in the snow, you guys work hard and play hard!!
I love all of your snow, looks like you all enjoyed it too! Have fun but keep warm!
Love, Licks and hugs from your furiend Frank xxxxxxxx

Lovable Lily said...

Beautiful Bert, just beautiful!

We're glad that everyone is having a wonderful time in all that snow. You sure got a lot of it. We can see all the smiles and we love it!

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

stellaroselong said...

I wish allred would talk and tell us his story....wow that is a ton of snow...we loves watching everyone playing outside with you..maggies ears flop like that also when she zooms around the house.
stella rose and maggie

Matilda the Boxer said...

The Bassett play date looks like lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Allred - no snow please ;o) But I saw there are snow balls falling from heaven on your place :o)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You are clearly a happy bunch over there! We have been having high winds and lots of rain. No fun at all...

Woofs,
Tommy

Blueberry's human said...

That is some snowflake!! I cannot believe they are that big - that's amazing!

Love those pics - looks like a lot of snow fun!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Bert, I loved seeing all your snow! I guess I missed the post about you and Miss Vickie getting hurt, hope that doesn't happen again. Love your new header! Xxxxxoooooo Noreen & Hunter

Jodi said...

Oh it looks like so much FUN! It is a lot of snow though. :-)

Curt Rogers said...

I've missed you, Bert! I'm sorry I haven't been checking in lately. But I think about you and am glad you've got snow. Duncan is jealous. We didn't get any snow until the other night so we've been playing in it as much as possible before it melts again.

acd6pack said...

Wow - you got lots of snow! Can we send Callie and her Jolly Ball over to play? She'd love that, it'd be better than the mud and ice we've been having.

Enjoy!!

Dougall-the-Scottie said...

That is a LOT of snow! Keep warm buddy!

ShellePenn said...

That is wayyyy too much snow. Seriously, we have about 2 inches here and THAT is too much snow.

But I guess, with that thick fur coat of yours, the snow is awfully fun to play in.

:)

Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/