Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Endings and Hopeful Hearts

We had a really fun email come last night that we thought we would share with everyone.  Remember Jake the homeless Hound?  Well Check this out.


Hey all you pooches there at K-9 !! Look at me, Jay keeps telling me that I must have decided this is my home, I'm not too shy at getting into things anymore!

That nasty cat is out to try my patience though. We have a doggie door that is in one of the bedrooms, just across the hall is another bedroom that Mikey (magic cat) calls home. He thinks he's pretty top stuff cause he can do what ever he wants in that room, (I am not allowed in), well, I keep a pretty good eye on him. I don't want him doing anything without me knowing about it!!!! But I'm telling you, he is magic, like I said, I keep a pretty good eye on him, but do you know that he can get outside without me seeing?? I think he's magic, first he's in his room, then the next thing I know he is outside on the window ledge irritating me. I obviously can't get to him there either. Then when it gets dark, where do I find him? Back on his royal highness' throne in his room!!!! Man, how does he do it?

Things are pretty nice here, only when it snows, I'm not too fond of that stuff. Jay says, "yep, that's my dog!" So I usually just stay in by the fire, it is so nice.


Well, I better go, hope to see you guys soon


Jake

Isn't that the best email ever.  We are so glad, because Jake's new family learned about him through our blog.  I mean they are old friends of My Vickie but because they read MY BLOG the found out about Jake......

So we hope we aren't pushin our luck but we thought we would try again.

You see James Dean and his humans have been fostering Rocky.  Rocky is about 4 years old, he loves people and he loves all of us other dogs too. 

He is a total clown at our place and we have all fallen in love with him.
 So help us spread the word if you can to all those Basset lovers out there. 
 And might I add, that My Vickie says...."If you have never owned a basset, you'll never understand what farceur  (yes that is a word) truly is.
And here is a final note.  My friend James Dean also gave me this cool shirt to wear.
You might notice it makes reference to Tennis balls.  Ha Ha James Dean.

But I thank you from the bottom of my belly....haha back.

Of course, much to my and My Vickie's dismay, it is too small for my big old golden body so If you are OK with it, I thought I would send it to my girl Charlotte.  My Vickie says she has a shirt that was worn by her first, no second love and that she will always keep it.  Do you think Charlotte will cherish this?

30 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Put that Super Shirt in your bed for 87 hours furst... THEN send it. She'll fur SURE Cherish it after that.

GOOSE said...

MOM is so happy that Jake is happy. She really liked him lots.
Man Bert this Charlotte thing is getting serious. I mean having her wear your shirt? I would suggest that you send her that hat you were wearing in the last post. It seems to me that THAT hat is just her style.
Welp I best go now. MOM is taking me to the Fort.
Blessings,
Goose

Murphy said...

Hmmm . . . a shirt is serious business. I think you have to ask yourself where you see this relationship in the coming years. I gotta go with Goose's hat idea. I hope Rocky finds a forever home. But he might need a home that's a duplex because it looks like by the time the end part of him gets through the door, his front part will have already left the house. He's like a stretch limo of dogs! I bet you can find him a place Bert. Good luck to you!

Smile With Your Tail said...

Hooray for Jake! That is one gorgeous Bassest-y face.

Slobbers

Scooter said...

Hey Bert!
Wow, what great news for Jake! Your shirt is great...and I'm sure your girl Charlotte will love it.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Wonderful news for Jake.

Bert, I just nose dat Charlotte would be very honored to wear your shirt!

Matilda the Boxer said...

Rocky is such a handsome guy! I hope he finds his furever home soon.

Winston said...

Happy news for Jake!
What a koinkydink, my Mom had a basset named Rocky when she was a little girl! Boy, that was a long time ago but, yes, they had that kind of doggy way back then!! BOL

Treasure said...

Yay Jake! That's awesome. I hope Rocky finds a home soon! We have a Rocky who is a beagle mix. In fact, all of us doggies are hounds in this household!

That shirt is great, by the way!

~Treasure the Dachshund

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Aww, Rocky is a handsum dood. We hopes this post helps him find a furever home. We think Charlotte would LUV that shirt! Keep gettin better, furriend. xoxo

Unknown said...

Dearest Bert
Tennis Balls, too funny! me is so happy that yous is sending it to Charlotte. me is sorry that Allred is mad at mes, me is hoping he is not taking it out on yous guys. Me has a bunch of Man Cat and Dog friends and Lady Cat and Dog friends and me loves to goes out and pawty. Me still like Allred though. Please tell him me still would likes to be his friend.
Kisses
Nellie

rottrover said...

That Jake is one handsome fellow!!

-Ruby

Ziggy Stardust said...

I am so happy when our pals find their forever homes. I will cross paws that Rocky is next, he looks like he would be a hoot to hang out with.

Oh my yes I am sure Miss Charlotte will be so happy to get a shirt from her sweet love. Keep getting better please.

Loveys Sasha

Ina in Alaska said...

So happy for Jake & hoping Rocky finds a nice home soon. Both look like sweet pups!

Jed and Abby in MerryLand said...

Yea, Jake! Good luck, Rocky! And yes, Charlotte will love the shirt [although we don't see why your Vickie can't wear it, as a sort of walking advertisement/warning to other Retriever moms]. Now we need to back-track to be sure we haven't missed any posts. Why would Allred be mad at Nellie?

Jed & Abby

The Furries of Whisppy said...

That is such a nice shirt. Love that tennis ball reference...We're sure Charlotte would love it, but make sure you sleep on it for a few days first.

Shane Kent Louis said...

I'm glad that Jake is okay now. It will be more better if Rocky will find his home too.


Dog Fence

Charlotte said...

Oh my Darling - I would love to wear this wonderful shirt! It's not only because I love this powerful green - a perfect color for the spring - but the fact you will "wear" it before... oh how fantastic, than you are totally near to me. I really would be honored to wear the shirt like a ring!
Love, Hugs and Kisses Your Charlotte

bichonpawz said...

First of all, we are very happy for Jake and his family!! Sure hope that your charm works for Rocky too!! We are just positive that Charlotte will love that shirt!
xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Bert, wonderful news about Jake. The T Shirt is so funny and cool. Charlotte will love it especially if you sleep with it for a while first. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Charlotte said...

Dearest Bert - it's me again. Just want to inform you that my mom Nisha thanks you for your birthdaywishes. She wrote on my blog to you...
Hope you have a nice day my wonderful golden prince!
Love Charlotte

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Good work getting the word out about Jake. Now he is one happy camper and his new forever hoomans are too. Whoopie!! We hope that Rocky's farceur helps to win him a forever home real soon. He sure is adorable with those long floppy ears. Nice new shirt. Too bad you're too fat. BOL! Charlotte will probably LOVE it since it's from you.
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRD & Hootie

Molly the Airedale said...

I'm so happy for Jake and I hope the same thing happens for Rocky.
I love the sweatshirt, Bert, and I think Charlotte will too!

Love ya lots,
Mitch

Bassetmomma said...

Yay Jake! What a sweetie! I sure hope Rocky finds a loving forever home too! Basset definitely are "Jokers". I think Charlotte will love your shirt!

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Hey Bert,

So cool to hear Jake is doing well, sounds like he has his work cut out with the Cat though!!

Let's hope Rocky can get his forever home too just like he deserves - I'm gonna tweet it - :)

Have a fun day buddy (how much longer until you can go out?)

Your pal Snoopy :)

The Army of Four said...

Hooray for Jake! That's really wonderful news! We hope something really cool happens for Rocky, too!
Play bows,
Zim

The Thuglets said...

That's fab news about Jake. We hope Rocky soon finds his new forever home.
we think Charlotte will be well impressed with your shirt Bert. However, we are a bit concerned that if you ain't careful a disease called "love sickness" may impede you recovery.
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Anonymous said...

Nice shirt!

Arooo, Stuart

Patrice and Higgins said...

Aww, I am so happy for Jake and I will keep my paws crossed for Rocky!

That shirt is awesome!! BOL!!

~Higgins

Just Ramblin' said...

I have been enjoying your blog and seeing your photo captures of the moments you choose to share. Reading your posts and sharing in your adventures has been rewarding for me. I want to say thank you and that I believe you deserve the Creative Capture Blogging Award. Please enjoy the fact that someone out here in the blogosphere enjoys your photo captures of the moments you choose to share. Stop by to get your badge if you would like to show others your award status. Keep blogging, keep photographing, and keep sharing. Congratulations and enjoy! : )
Award Info: https://justramblinpier.wordpress.com/
Badge: http://justramblinpier.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/creative-award-ii.jpg
Just Ramblin’