Thursday, November 3, 2011

Insanly Busy, But I am Happy about it

 I know Halloween is over, but it took me this long to get My Computer back from the Evil One.  Check out the pumpkin that Goose from Gospel of Goose made for me for the big night.  How cool is that?
 I think it looks just like me.  Gosh I am handsome even when I am in the shell of a big old pumpkin with a light inside.  But before the Halloween night celebrations I got to go to:
 Good Foundations elementary school.  Me and the Murphigator went on over to help them teach about survival.  Instead of a Halloween party that day, they had special speakers come in and play/teach the kids about safety.
 First I got to go in and the kids had a desk set up all for me so's that I could teach them to read.  Only, I don't know how to read.
 So, they taught me.  I learned about B I R D S.  I tried to read, but I just ended up looking at the pictures.
 Here is Me and Murphy posing with each group of kids.
 Can you find me in this pictures
 I'm here too but you have to work hard to figure out which one is me.
 Tuesday we went to the Hospital and I already love it but I love it even more cause now my beloved Whitney is coming with us.  She went in and got all her training and now she can come along with My Vickie and I.  This is good, cause you need to be very sterile, and smart, and aware to be able to visit the people in ICU and the other floors of the Hospital.  My Vickie is not always on top of her game and this is where My Whitney comes in cause she is really smart.

She makes sure My Vickie sterilzes my feet before and after I go into a patients room, she is the first one the patient sees and talks too.  She has such a great way with the patients and she is so pretty and nice, which helps cause my Vickie can be scary lookin on a good day.

Anyway we love working with her.
 Wednesday we all met up (all the other doggie friends that are going to be tested next week so they can join me as therapy dogs) and went to a really cool vet office in Bountiful callede Animal Care Center, where their cool trainer and a good friend of ours, Keli, gave them some last minute hints on how to pass the test. 
 I of course didn't even get to go cause, well, it wasn't all about me, but My Vickie took some fun pictures of the doctors office.  My Vickie also told me how she and Syra (the beautiful girl who died just before I came) would go to this veterinarian to have hydrotherapy.  Hydrotherapy is wonderful for dogs who are very very sore in their bones.
All in all, It has been pretty exhausting, you know, plus all the guests that have been stopping by.  Especially a young Rotty named Kane, who is NOT housetrained and is terribly annoying. 

See ya later this week

Love
Bert

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Bert (and Vickie) Wow! Yous guys has been busy! Me loved to see the pictures of yous working!
Me thinks my hairy slobbery sisters could learn a lot from a doggie like yous!
Kisses
Nellie

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Whoa.....I got tired just looking at all the busy stuff you're doing. My Momma is busy but her's is all sit-down work. You're going to need a vacation soon!

:o)

Finn said...

You sure are busy, and you are definitely a cute sleeper! Nice work with those kids, and learning about birds is super fun!

Unknown said...

good thing you are resting, you have been super busy and need some rest it seems. I love the school pics

The Army of Four said...

Bert, you and Your Vickie are so wonderful to do all those things together! We could tell from all the smiles on the little bipeds' faces how much your visit means to them! And the hospital, too? You TOTALLY need a nap!
Luv,
Dave
PS: Our mom wants to snuggle up with you in that last shot!!!

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Don't you love how the little two-leggers smother you with love???

Great pictures!

Love ya, Dude!

AROOOOF!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

Cowspotdog said...

Wow - you sure have been busy Bert - you really looked like you needed that nap.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Wow, Bert! So much great stuff!

Woofs,
Tommy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Looks like you had a very full day, Bert. Rest well.

We love seeing you interact with all the children. The oldest grandbiped was sad yesterday because the therapy dog at her school, Lucky, crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Monday. He was a great source of comfort and love for many young children.

Hope you have a good day.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

violett said...

You are a wonderful dog and you do a good job.
Thanks for the pictures
Lots of love
Mischka

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

You really are busy!! you made ME tired just reading all you've been doing, and really reminded me of how little I actually get done!:-))

Remington said...

That is so awesome! I love that last pic! So precious!

Ina in Alaska said...

What a fun, interesting and informative post! I LOVED all the pictures and am glad to see the service you are providing to the children and those in the hospital.

Wonderful!

Also, I enjoyed your comment over in my blog about spirits. I have for a long time believed they were "around" and it took a big leap of faith for me to post my feelings about that picture in today's blog... but I took the leap. I trust my intuition completely. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Bert and MyVickie you sure have been busy lately! For extremely good reasons. Rest up sweet and caring boy. --Roscoe

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH THANK DAWGNESS... I see that ALLRED has finally turned you Loose. WHEW... Just between you and me... that Cat SCARES the Poops outta me.

WOW!!! You are totally RIGHT .. that pumpkin carving looks Just Like YOU buddy.

I am so glad that you now have someone else to go when you make your VERY MUCH IMPAWTANT hospital visits. I KNOW how much it means to the patients!!! THAT is grrrreat that you have a Visit BUDDY.

I was thinkin about you today... about all the SUPER ADVICE and lessons that you gave us during Safety Week. I was lookin at how the woods looks around here now... all BROWN and you can see some patches of green... butt NO BLUE!!!

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Bert, you are just the best ever sweetest doggie. No wonder the kids all love you. Rory and I went to the local primary school the other day. I was a little scared by all the noises but calmed down and let all the kids pat me and Rory loved it and wasn't scared AT ALL! No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

GOOSE said...

Bert I was so glad to see you today at day care. I'm glad Allred set you free. Even more glad that I did not have to confront Devil Cat.
You sure do work a lot. Are you sure you are not a part of the working group? You are my HERO!
Blessing to you!
Goose

Meeka said...

My you've had a busy week indeed. I think someone has a crush on Whitney.

Backcountry Brodie said...

Love your Bert-O-Lantern. I had a Shawnee-O-Lantern, too. Spooky!

bichonpawz said...

Wow! We totally enjoyed seeing you at work!!! And seeing all of your friends...and that picture of you napping...is so precious. You and your Vickie have been so very busy...don't forget to take time for you to rest!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

KB said...

Oh my goodness, Bert, It took you a week to get your computer back from the cute Allred? I am shocked!

I could barely see you among the kids. I think that they LOVE you, just like all of us do.

I just have one criticism of you - STOP saying mean things about your Vickie. OK? I'm sure that she's not "scary" looking... and she's your best human friend. So lick her face and be nice!

BTW, someone who is a friend of a friend got lost in our very intense snow storm the other night while "bushwacking" up near Rocky Mtn National Park. It snowed so fast that her footprints disappeared. She did NOT stop and talk to a tree but eventually found an old mining shack and holed up in it during the storm. The amazing dogs like you found her very early the next morning.

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Great pics, LOVE the last one!

Your newest followers,
Miley and Maggie

jen said...

Wow! You have been busy!
but it looks like you are having fun!
Hope you get lots of rest this weekend!

Road Dog Tales said...

Wow, Bert, no wonder there's been no time for DUCK TAPE creations! You've been a very busy boy! What fun you must be having! We have to say we're very impressed with all the smothering you put up with :) What a good boy!

PeeS - If you get inspired over the weekend or anytime next week, you can still submit your duck tape creation and we'll post it! Rules are made to be, um, bent and deadlines are just suggestions :)

The Road Dogs

2browndawgs said...

Love the pumpkin. Bert you sure have a busy schedule. You deserve a rest. :)

Ryker said...

Oh Burt, you lead such an exciting life. I have been going regularly to the Infusion Center to visit with nice people getting Chemotherapy. It is the highlight of my week. The nicest people get cancer, why is that?

Love your punkin' face : )

Suka said...

hey Bert,

The pumpkin Bert rocked! Looked just like you, so handsome! And the last photo of you sleeping is absolutely precious. I also really like the photo of you and the Murphigator together.

Love how the kiddies were hiding you! I finally found you in the photos. What a sweet bunch of kids! It is o.k. that you can't read yet. Pictures are always fun to look at in books. :->

It is very nice that your friend Whitney is working with you.

Suka

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Bowsers, it sure sounds like you had fun and were very busy.

Essex & Sherman

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Oh How FUN!!!! Love the Pumpkin! Great to see lot sof Smiling faces. LOVE your new Holiday blog header. Happy Weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had LOTS of fun Bert now that you have your puter back. Gee that a cat is one scary dude!

Anyway I know that if anypup deserves a nice long nap it is YOU!

woos, Tessa

Sagira said...

Sounds like you have been pretty busy my friend. Keep up all the great work you do. :)

Dexter said...

Bert, my man, it totally IS all about you and don't you ever forget it.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. Is there a kid dressed as a tree in one of those photos?