Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday Week Days 1, 2, & 3

WELL I can hardly keep my head up I am so tired. I mean, yes, all the rain is boring and tiring but I am also tired because, Whew......I have had the first three days of my Birthday week and it is everything Vickie promised it would be.........




DAY ONE






First thing I get to do is open a present from my buddies Tucker and Bernie. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it, cause you see I havn't been allowed a toy for, well, since I ate one and had to have surgery to remove it and a rock.




so here is this big read thing with ropes tied to each end and a squeeky sound coming from it each time I touch it. I mean, I get the card thing.......I got a bunch of those in the mail and I know that is a human way of saying Happy Birthday.....but the big red toy.....well....what does a guy to with that.




Of course it didn't take me long to figure it out. The only problem is the only time I get to play with it is when Vickie plays too.



I am not complaining....just saying.







So then, after all the dogs come for day care and we get them all settled in, Me and Vickie head to a park where we meet up with a ton of kids and I get to teach them, How to meet us dogs and How to stay safe if they ever get lost.




Love that. After we are done, me and Vickie go for a great walk.





Then we go for another walk, later in the evening. Yeah.....I love birthday weeks.

DAY TWO





I get to start another day with another gift. This one came from my buddy James Dean. (Forgive Vickie for the above picture but instead of fixing James Deans eyes that went that way from the flash, we decided it was cool and didn't fix it.)




James Dean brought me this WONDERFUL BIG BONE......again, something that Vickie only lets me chew on when she is watching, but none-the-less.....Another great gift.




Me and Vickie were planing on our walk but first she had to take Scrappy to the vet, then run down to the local dog pound/animal control office....(Vickie hates to go there....me too....) She had to pay her kennel tax's for the business.




I stayed in the truck while she went in. I waited patiently knowing we were gonna go on a cool walk afterwords. I was surprised (sorry Vickies family) when I looked up and saw Vickie coming out and she was NOT alone.




Tagging along with her was this skinny little mut that looked like it had been beat up, starved and dragged through the streets.




Vickie got in the truck and said....."Happy Birthday Bert, meet your little foster sister"




WHAT......




Well, I don't know about it being a birthday present but I do know why my Vickie had to bring her home. We are gonna take care of her until she gains some weight, take her to Dr. Doughty and let him remove the pellet shells that are all over her little body, and help her know that humans and other dogs can be good and loving.




Her name is Daisy. She is supposed to be a Englis Setter, but I don't know. Hard to tell right now. MMMMMM really, is she what you consider a birthday present? or one more mouth to feed.




More than likely, one more heart to fill our house with joy for a little while. She will quickly find a home, we are sure. who could pass up so much love in such a tiny package. (Vickie couldn't)





DAY THREE:





It is still raining, in fact it is pouring so no walking today, however, that does not stop us being able to play with kids at the schools so for Day Three of my Birthday Week, I got to go to Horaceman Elementary.




Murphy and Paulette came too and we had such a great time. Of course we teach a little, then we play and then we let them hug on us and pet us and get their pictures taken with us.

The kids even sang
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.






check out the video.....







so that is the end of my first three days of my Birthday week. I am so glad I lived to be 3.

I can't wait to see what Vickie has in mind for me for the rest of the week. I think I heard her say something about a trip to the spa.......







Here's hopin all your days are like a Birthday.




Love



Bert

20 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness Bert, no wonder you are so tired; you SHOULD be tired my friend. Goodness, no one I know gets to celebrate their birthday an entire week!
but it looks like youare surrounded by loved one and ones that you and Vickie help...keep doing the good work there Bert!

rottrover said...

What a wonderful Birthday Week so far, Bert! Being an adult dog is pretty cool! We're glad you made it to three!!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Cowspotdog said...

Well it looks to me like you are having a totally pawsome birthday - look at all the wonderful things you getting to do. I hope you will keep us informed on the progress of Miss Daisy - how sad that people could be so cruel. We know you will help her understand what it is to be loved.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Lots of Golden FUN FUN FUN. Absolutely Golden PAWSOME. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Amber-Mae said...

What a WONDERFUL 3 Days Birthday your had, Bert! I LOVE that video of those little children singing Happy Birthday to you. The best parts were the "ChaChaCha". BOL! You looked so calm in the video & not to mention, so handsome too! I hope you're having a great time with that toy & dinasour bone.

Unknown said...

Wow! It must be soo exciting to have 3 days of birthdays! No wonder you looked so tired.
Kisses
Nellie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a pawesome three day birthday time you have had! that is a great new red toy, and we understand the need for supervision. Another of our golden furiends Samantha had some unpleasant issues with eating inappropriate things - can you believe she ate a glove and had to have some major surgery!

You are so lucky to get to visit the schools - bet you have lots of fun.

Poor sweet Daisy - how cruel some humans can be. We will cross our paws for her to find a wonderful and loving furever home.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

That's enough to wear out any dog, dawg!! I love the birthday celebration. I have a long time to wait until mine, but I am sure it will be great. Mom is excited that it falls around Westminster and Valentine's Day. I don't know what all that means, but she's thinking about it anyways.

Much love to you, Bro!

AROOOF!
Boondocks

Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! How cool is that to go to school and have a whole classroom full of kids sing happy birthday to you, Bert! It doesn't get much better than that!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Charlie said...

What a great birthday, Bert! Have fun with Daisy!!
- Charlie

Tanner and Beth said...

Looks like a pawsome week with lots of warm fuzzies and gifts. So glad to see you are having fun!!

Puppy Kisses,
Tanner

Finn said...

That looks like an awesome birthday week, I love the size of your new bone!!! I would be tired too after all of that excitement!

1000 Goldens said...

Bert - thank you for coming to visit us. How did we not meet your handsome self before? My Mom is smitten with your portrait! Happy birthday to you, it looks like you and Vickie lead a wonderful life! Farley

Meeka said...

You sure know how to party. That was so sweet of the kids to sing to you but why did you have to yawn? :)

How Sam Sees It said...

It sounds like you are having a full and busy birthday week, Bert!

We will keep paws crossed that Daisy finds her forever home soon!

Sam

Unknown said...

Hi Bert! Thanks so much for coming over to visit me! I Love making new friends!

You are such a handsome doggie - I love the picture in your header - my human has this thing about doggies with 'jowls' and she thinks you look so majestic! :-)

I hope we will be good blog friends - I'm looking forward to following your adventures!! Wow - it must be so exciting being a Search & Rescue Doggie - and I see that you do Therapy Work too!

Unfortunately, I am not much of a water doggie at all - am a big scaredy cat of the water and never get my paws wet if I can help it! :-) Sometimes when it is really hot, my humans will wet me down before my walk to try and keep me cool but most of the time, I avoid getting wet if I can! :-)

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! Wasn;t it sweet of all those human pups to sing for you?!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

KB said...

Happy Birthday Bert! It's so cool that you're a SAR dog! I used to be part of a SAR team with my dog Cadi, many moons ago. We loved it.

Sagira said...

Sounds like an amazing birthday week. Happy Birthday to you! :)

Diana said...

Happy Birthday!! It sounded wonderful. I hope Dasiy will find a home as good as yours!

Bailey Be Good! said...

Bert, you had the most awesomeest birthday, ever!!
Glad you had such a great week!

Woofs & hugs,

~Bailey