Friday, October 7, 2011

Catch Up Day In Pictures

Hi Everyone, I want to start out by introducing you to a new blog site.   It is My Friend Goose and it is called Gospel of Goose  My friend Goose and his best friend Pastor Michelle will lift your spirits and bring a special insight into your day so check it out if you get a chance.

Goose is one of my friends who comes to day care when his best friend Pastor Michelle is out doing wonderful things like, remember the New Home that our city is building for the homeless.  Well it is Pastor Michelle and some of her flock who are heading up the building of an attached shelter for the pets of those people who find themselves homeless.

So if you like, check it out.....
 Now join me for a photo update of my goings on over the last week.
 My buddy Murphy and I did some walks, played some games of tug and did a search.
 Allred still lives to terrorize me.

 Shelby and Cedric got to go home after six months of staying with us.  They were so happy....We will miss them.
 Fall has come to Utah
 Murphy and I were asked to see if we could find (Sorry about this) some flesh about the size of your thumb, somewhere in this huge hillside.
 Of course we did, but it took a bit of sniffin.  I am doing a down in this picture and if you look at the end of the small arrow you can see where it is.
 We not only found the stuff we were looking for but look at the cool stuff Murphy brought back with him.  I think he brought back half the hillside with him.
 One of My Vickie's best friends family had  a wedding at my park
 It was beautiful.  We thought it was such a good idea to be married outside in such a wonderful place.  I especially loved it because after the wedding My Vickie took me
 SWIMMING               Yahoo
 Another chance to take KC for a walk.  It was fun where we went cause there were a lot of grasshoppers and KC loves to chase and eat grasshoppers.  It makes My Vickie's mom get a little nauseated, which makes My Vickie giggle.
 And Yes Allred (Devil Cat) is still here.  I know I already told you, but I am telling you again cause it deserves to be told twice.
 Our Sweet Jamie is doing really well after her return to life.  Dr. Doughty has her on heart medications and she is acting like she feels so much better.  WE are very happy.
 I love visiting my special service men and women.  They are so kind and loving and I am so proud to know people who would serve our country now and so many years ago.
 Me and my buddies keep our runners in good shape.  This works out well for all of us.....
And Yes it is true....Winter is here.......Our friend Caren who lives up by where we go camping sent us this picture from today's storm.

Whew.....thanks for sticking with me through all these pictures, but My Vickie considers this her journal and so we had to get as much in this post as we could

Happy Weekend to all of you.

Bert
Oh yeah, finally if you want to, sit back and enjoy a good old John Denver song with slides from the last few weeks here at Canine Country Club

24 comments:

The Bleu said...

Oh, wow... Me and the Mom just finished a book by Nora Roberts called "The Search", and you brought it to life for us!

Excellent work! We're in awe!

with love from the Bleu

KB said...

That was a lot of news, and a wonderful video at the end. You have a lot of red maples there (somehow I visualized that you had mainly aspens, like us). Their red is beautiful. And, that snow from your friends' place is getting here tomorrow. We're getting somewhere between 5-18" - a pretty big range, don't you think?

The best news of all from your post was about Jamie. My face broke into a huge smile when I heard that she was feeling better. It's like she's come back to life to spend some more time with you. That's love.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Oh Bert, what a wonderful slide show. So many adorable dogs.
We are so happy Jamie is looking so well. Mommy used to go on drivimg trips to the east coast with her Godfather just to see the beautiful fall colors. e don't get beautiful folige like your hear in Texas.

{{{HUGGIES}}}....Mona & Weenie

Brando and Bogart said...

Your blog is simply amazing! The photos are gorgeous. Brrr! No snow yet! Brando, Humphrey, and Ziggy are soooo cold, and it only rained today in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. Can't wait for your next post! Christine, Marlon Brando, Humphrey Bogart, and Ziggy Stardust

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Oh Bert, you have the best life ever. All those wonderful friends and the photos were fabulous as was the video. We have to ask. What sort of doggie is your friend that searches with you. Gosh he is big and hairy looking fellow. We love him. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Just Ramblin' said...

Loved all the photos! That paw covered in burs....yikes! That had to be difficult to get out of all that gorgeous fur!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Nice recap of a very busy week for all of you. We were so happy to see the good news about Jamie - she looks very happy in that photo. We hope she continues to do very well.

We wish we could bring you all to Kansas City to help in the sad search for Baby Lisa, we are sure you would be a big help. We are all hoping for some good news soon.

We are off to visit your friend Goose - what a wonderful project Pastor Michelle is doing.

Happy weekend.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

How Sam Sees It said...

Wooo - that really was some catching up! It sounds like you were all very busy! We will head over and say hi to Goose.

Sam

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Dude,

You've had such a busy week, I'm tired just from reading about it!! Surprised you even had time to let that Cat irritate you!!

You guys did a great job with your search, I'm so impressed by your talents buddy!

Big wags to Jamie too,

Your pal Snoopy :)

The Army of Four said...

That was a lot of catching up! Great pix - except for the burrs in your friend's furs.
We'll check out your friend's page!
Luv,
Dave

rottrover said...

Oh Bert, we just love visiting you and seeing all the beauty and your wonderful furiends!! Thanks!!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Y'all had such an amazing week and did so much! We are happy to hear that Jamie is feeling better. Good work you and Murphy did on that search! You guys are awesome!!

AROOOOF!
Boondocks and The Love Shack Pack

Sophie said...

Sounds like you guys have had a really busy week!

Nice, er, catch on finding that skin! Heh.

Anonymous said...

Wow Bert that sure was a VERY Busy week!

I sure hope that you got lots of time to nap!

woos, Tessa

Scooter said...

Hey Bert!
Wow, what a great time you've had. That's a pawesome search you did. I'm so glad to hear that Jamie is doing well and I can't believe there is snow already!! Great pix!! :)
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

NCmountainwoman said...

This was another great post, Bert. Hooray for Jamie's miracle. And Boo, Hiss, Boo to that awful she-devil satan cat.

Anonymous said...

What great photos!! Looks like a grand adventure! :D

xo
Luna

Backcountry Brodie said...

Is Allred still there? Just checking.

Sheila and Bob said...

Really enjoy your Blog, what great photos and we see that one of our bestest friends in the world "The Bleu & "The Mom" have also found you.

Sheila & Bob
Hamish & Sophie

George The Lad said...

Hi Bert, great post I enjoyed reading it. I have just read though all your safety posts to, a great job Vickie did, and some very good tips as well, thanks for including me ;)
Hope it won't be so long before my next visit, I am slowly catching up with things. She as in my sister is sleeping so I get to go on the laptop :)
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx

Unknown said...

Great shots Bert! Me loves seeing yous and your buddies! Alred does look like a devil cat! Yous thinjk he would be one of my minions!
Kisses
Nellie

2browndawgs said...

We know you did a bunch of important and great stuff Bert, but all we saw was SWIMMING! :)

the 2 brown dawgs

Zona said...

What a busy week!! I'm excited to get to know you. Do you know Khyra? She will be so jealous about the snow!!

Wags,
Zona

Sagira said...

Wow, what a jam packed post.

So happy the Weims got to go home. I hope they are doing well.

You know we had to go say hi to Goose.

What a beautiful wedding.

How long did it take to get the hillside out? Ouchies.