Friday, October 7, 2011

Day Seven "Here We Come"

Before we start, My Vickie and I wanted to thank everyone who sent us pictures and let us change them around to our delight.  What beautiful and handsome two and fourlegged models we had to work with.   A big thanks to all of you......
Well, this has been a bunch of fun for me and My Vickie.  We thought we would finish up by letting all our two and four legged friends now that, should you get lost....remember.....

Stay Put and Wait cause very soon, other two and four legged friends will be looking for you.
It doesn't matter where you are, us fourlegged ones will use our noses to find you and bring you home.
In the forest
In strange places
In the water
HERE WE COME......

ONE MORE THING
Search and Rescue Dog groups are generally volunteer non-profit organizations.    I caution you to be wary if someone calls and offers their services for a price.

When your family members and loved ones are missing, you are at a very vulnerable place and can easily be led in the wrong direction.

Most qualified SAR organizations are called by the SO that is responsible for your search.  If they have not yet, called in the dogs, REQUEST them.  Also ask for air support and searchers from other departments.

Sometimes when we are so worried, we just let others handle the situation.  Be proactive.  Find your local resources and keep a list of who you want to respond if ever you, your family, us pups, or friends should ever get lost.

You are entitled to ALL the help available.  WE just don't always know what options we have.  (THESE ARE JUST THE OPINIONS OF ME AND MY VICKIE)
Stay Safe Everyone
and thanks for coming back
day after day after day

Love
Bert

And hope to see you Saturday cause I have been having such a great time this last week and I want to tell U all about it. 

19 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! GREAT ... PAWSOME Safety Posts, LOVE it! Lots of Golden Thanks. Sending you Lots of Golden LOVE n SMILES. Happy World SMILE Day. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

GOOSE said...

Bert that was a great week of posts. We've been hiking and backpacking for a long long time and we still learned sooo very much. So Bert my brother this "Psalm" is for you: 'I was born to search. I sniff the air, the wind, the sky, the familiar, the new. I watch the horizon, the brush, and the leaves to know what moves. I am searcher of the lost, big and small. I will trace sounds you cannot hear, smells you cannot smell, and sights that are specks in the distance. I will follow the trail for miles and miles. I am always on the search, I follow the compass inside me, for I am Bert and I know for whom I search.'
Goose

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

This has probably been one of the most useful informative weeks. Thanks for all the great information. I think we'll all be remembering it if anything ever does happen.

HAP-PEE WORLD SMILE WEEK!

:o)

The Daily Pip said...

Thanks to you and your Vicky. I really learned a lot. We will always remember to stay put when lost. I imagine most people keep moving and get themselves more lost.

You know what is interesting is that when house cats are lost they usually find a small place to hide and stay put - usually they are too scared to move. I do lots of search and rescue for lost cats and I always tell people that their cats are probably hiding within a yard or two and will stay put for up to two weeks. I guess, cats are kind of smart this way - stay put and wait to be found!

Pip's mom

Just Ramblin' said...

Interesting about the searchers trying to get money. That is awful!
Great week of posts. : )

Remington said...

Awesome post, my friend! Have a fun weekend!

Unknown said...

Dear Bert
These were the bestest! Me wishes me had readed it before me was lost in the woods for a week! Me did NOT stay put and it was a scary week for a small white cat!
Kisses
Nellie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We can't say enough times what a fantastic job you all did with Safety Week - we were thrilled to be a small part of it.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

violett said...

We have read a lot. Mom was in your country and came back yesterday. Now I can come to your blog.
Mischka

Sheila and Bob said...

Just found your Blog. We are friends with the author of "Scent of The Missing" which is about a Golden Retriever SAR dog named Puzzle, so finding your Blog is a real treat.


Sheila & Bob
Hamish & Rescue Sophie

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Can't wait to hear all about your week tomorrow. We're going to share about our camping trip tomorrow too.

Keep smiling, Bert!!

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks and The Love Shack Pack

Adien Crafts said...

Thank you Bert and our Vicki for such a wonderful week of information, we've learnt loads and although we don't have the trekking country near us that you have there are still a lot of relevant things to us. Dex and Lou xxx

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What pawesome safety tips!!! Thanks so much for sharing them Bert!!

Happy World Smiley Day Smileys!
Dory, Jakey & Bilbo

Road Dog Tales said...

Bert - Thanks so much for ALL your safety info! You did such a great job and we hope we remember all you taught us! What a great Safety Week!

The Road Dogs

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Bert, this week has just been the best. Our Tyler is learning to be a Search Dog with our State Emergency Service. We hope he learns as much as you have. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Scooter said...

Deputy Bert... It's ME (Frankie Furter) here to tell you that Once Again you have givin us some of the mostest WONDERFUL and WISE advice... I have loved EVERY SINGLE one of the Safety Week Posts.. Yours and everybuddy else's. I think this needs to be an ANNUAL event... All the posts can BE RECYCLED to make it very much easy and to save the peeps and pups 87.. OR MORE ... hours of work puttin it all together.
BRAVO BUDDY!!! I'm just sayin.
Frankie Furter

Scooter said...

Hey Deputy Bert!
Wow, you have been so amazing this week! I have asked the Mayor to authorize a raise for you!!! Thank you so much for putting together so many cool posts and helping all of us stay safe. You are one pawesome Deputy!!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Thanks so much Bert for this whole week. We learned a lot and feel much safer now.

{{{huggies}}}...Mona & Weenie

Sagira said...

Thanks for all the great information. :)