Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Vickie goes to Vancouver and Back


 Boy the minute my Vickie got home, we were off again.  The hospital on Tuesday and the VA home Wednesday.  I love the visits but I hate to have a bath once a week.  We use an oatmeal shampoo and conditioner to keep my coat nice but not to harsh for my skin.  However, My Vickie worries about my getting so many baths and wants to know if anyone knows of some real gentle shampoos that we could use that are better than the Oatmeal.

It is true that this is My Personal Blog but My Vickie got to see so much really cool stuff that I asked her to put in a few pictures for you. 
Like these mushrooms.  My Vickie loves mushrooms (not to eat though) she thinks they look like homes for little fairies. 

They are kinda cool lookin.

The Buchardt Gardens on Vancouver Island were very pretty too.  My Vickie was surprised that they had so many flowers still in bloom for this time of year.






Then she and her mom, aunt and sister went to the butterfly gardens.  It was like going to a tropical jungle.  The butterflies would land right on you and they were flittering all around you.  There were many many different colors and species.  VEry amazing


There was even a waterfall there.  Boy would I have liked that


There were turtles, cool fish and these two flamingos.  Certainly a must see if you ever go there.

 The ocean was beautiful even though they couldn't see it for most of the trip.  She had a wonderful time but she is (I am sure) very very happy to be home.



Now we are getting ready for the big "Halloween" day.  We are going to be guests at a school for the day talking about Safety.  So I better go help My Vickie get ready.

So glad to be back.

Love

Bert


PS  My Vickie did a video of her trip if you wanna see some beautiful scenery.  The camera that took the swim still has a hard time giving us sharp focus especially on people, so try to overlook that.

23 comments:

GOOSE said...

Looks like your Vickie had a beautiful time. The pics are great, except the slug, uck I don't like them much. My favorite is of you howling at the scarecrows. Have fun with the kids this week. Thanks for helping to keep them safe.
Blessings,
Goose

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Bert and Vickie, glad to have you back too and thanks again for your photos. They were magnificent. We love the flamingos the best. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

So glad your Vickie and her camera are back home with you!! We loved all the pictures and can't wait to go on another virtual trip with y'all!

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

Molly the Airedale said...

Now we see the pictures! They're just gorgeous!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Those fotos are amazing. Those mushrooms sure look big! Looks like it was a really nice trip!

Miss Sophie said...

Loved the video -- also the music. Another John Denver track I hadn't heard before. Perfect for the scenery and the company. Looks like your trip was breathtaking.

bichonpawz said...

Hi Bert and Vickie!! What gorgeous photos!!! We have always wanted to go there to visit, but haven't made it yet! So glad you took some pics!! Our mom uses a shampoo on us...that is made by Origins...it is a lavender gentle shampoo for dogs. It is difficult to find...I will have to see if I can find it on the website for you. We purchased a bottle when we were out at the Mall of America and just happened upon an Origins store. One bottle lasts us a super long time!! But, the stuff is very gentle and doesn't irritate our skin! If I can find it, I will leave another comment!
xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Unknown said...

Wowwie! Your Vickie's pictures made me homesick. Wes used to lives on Vancouver Island and me misses it when me sees the pretty pictures.
Me bathes myself with my tongue, so me can't helps with the shampoo.
Kisses
Nellie
PS My Daddy appreciated your wishes. He loves reading the ones people sends to my blog. He says they makes him feel better.

bichonpawz said...

Hi Bert and Vickie! We looked high and low...googled the shampoo and looked on EBay...and Amazon...and the Origins website. Apparently they don't make the shampoo anymore. We will keep our eyes open for you..in case we see it anywhere!!
xo
Jeanne

24 Paws of Love said...

What a beautiful place to go and see all of that gorgeous beauty! So glad your Vickie is home again. Love the butterflies!

Wyatt said...

Oh, we just love B.C. and the gardens. We have never been in the fall. Looks like we have been missing out!

Wyatt's Mom

Kolchak Puggle said...

OMD! Your Vickie was right in our neighborhood and we never even realized it! Too bad! We're glad she had a wonderful time. It is awfully pretty here, huh?

Ina in Alaska said...

Stunning pictures! I think your camera is working just fine. Looks like a great place to visit & you had a nice visit with your mom, sister & aunt!

Meeka said...

Have you tried those waterless shampoos? I'm guessing they won't dry your skin. I haven't tried it since mom prefers to torture me and give me a real bath.
BTW, love the pictures.

Whisppy said...

What beautiful photos! She does seem to have had a great time but I'm sure nothing beats being home with you (and keeping you safe from Allred).

NCmountainwoman said...

What beautiful photographs! I loved them all, even the slug.

We got our dogs from a breeder who owns and shows Champion Goldens. When they are in shows, they may be bathed every day. He uses Pure Pearl Shampoo which is very gentle. We use it to bathe our dogs, although we bathe them only once/month. There is also a grooming aid Pure Touch that we often use when grooming them. Both products are very gentle and make the feathering flow beautifully. We order the concentrates from www.purepet.com and dilute with water. I don't know how it compares to oatmeal, but we have never had any skin problems with either dog.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, Bert, it was awfully nice of you to let My Vickie borrow your bloggie so she could show us those pictures. WOWZA! They are bee-YOU-teeful! I liked that really LONG staircase. I woulda luved to zoom up it! But I woulda stayed far, far away from that waterfall. (shiver)

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

KB said...

I would have never guessed that there were still so many flowers blooming all the way up in Vancouver! Wow. They're beautiful, especially to a girl living in a winter world right now. The butterflies are amazing too. I always find them to be almost unbelievable, so fragile, yet so tough.

My vet suggests that Palmolive dishwashing soap is the most gentle shampoo because it's the same pH as a dog's fur.

Anonymous said...

Mom and I are in AWE! What a gorgeous place. Thank you for the most wonderful enchanting video! We luv luv luved it! :D Bert please share our big WELCOME HOME! to Your Vickie :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

The Army of Four said...

Incredible pix, Bert! Seriously!
Play bows,
Zim

Sagira said...

Sure looks beautiful there and like she had a great time. :)

Road Dog Tales said...

Wow! Those pics were awesome! What a beautiful place! We would love to visit there. Thanks for sharing that wonderful slide show with us. Breathtaking!!!

The Road Dogs

World of Animals, Inc said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful post. This place has the most beautiful flowers that we have ever seen. So very peaceful to see. We hope you had an excellent time there. Have a fantastic upcoming weekend.
World of Animals