Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Police and My Vickie

The other day My Vickie and I were just hangin out in the office.  Some of my friends started barking so we went to the window to see what was up.

We noticed that in our front drive, there were policemen walking back and forth around our little red pick up.   They were leaning down and looking closely at the front and side of the old red truck very suspiciously.

WE watched for a while before My Vickie finally got brave enough to go out and ask them what was up.

So the short story is:  Someone driving a truck just like ours had hit a jogger the night before.  The truck hit the girl and threw her up onto the front of the truck and then after she fell off, she was run over by the back tires.

She was hurt pretty bad.  The driver didn't even stop.  It was a Hit and Run...

The truck and driver have yet to be found and the girl is home from the hospital but has a broken leg and some bruising. 

It reminded My Vickie of the following experince that I will accompany with this gorgious picture of me in My Vickies Search Hat
Readers Digest Version.

The call out came at 2 am.  Thre was a medicine man from the tribe who had been missing for three days and would they fly down and assist in the search.   My Vickie grabbed the three day survival pack and off they went.  This was when Andy (the collie) was her search partner. 

They were out and in the truck 10 minutes after the call came and heading for the airport where the plan was to catch a Civil Air Patrol plane to Arizona.

Andy was sitting tall in the seat beside My Vickie and with the shell on the truck and it being 2 in the morning, he almost appeared to be another human at her side.

Not two blocks from the house, My Vickie became aware of a car that seemed to be following her through the quiet dark streets.  She would throw in a few turns to see if she could lose her follower, but they stayed close on her tail.

My Vickie started getting very nervous.  She made some more turns down the neighborhoods, turns that made it very clear, She was being followed.

My Vickie says at this point, she was so scared that she didn't dare let them follow her all the way to the little back country airport, for fear that who ever it was would attack her in the parking lot.  (She has quite the imagination)

So she decided to drive right to the local police station.  The car continuted to follow her all the way into the dark deserted parking lot of the police station.  (We are talking about a the little town of Washington Terrace PD....a total of two officers on a good day, let alone at 2:30 in the morning)

In the parking lot, My Vickie looked out her rear view mirror hoping the car following her would keep going, but to her dismay, it pulled in behind her.

Then all of a sudden there were three more cars that all came in blocking any chance of getting out, even if she dared try.  She was in big trouble.  She was trapped.

She figured they were dead.  Some gang initiation or something even more dasterdly was about to happen to her and Andy.

She began to cry......when suddenly big bright lights were shining in on her from all directions.  Then over a Loudspeaker she heard a male voice commanding

"Put Your Hands on the Wheel and don't move"

It was the police.  They had her surrounded and were coming at her from all sides, with guns drawn. 

Looking in the rear view mirror, she saw an officer carefully coming up the side of the car with his pistol aimed at the back of her head.....

Tearfully, she spoke as loudly as she could and said

"Don't shoot, please don't shoot,  I'm just a girl"

The officer then stopped and laughingly said....."Hey Vickie, is that you?"

Long story short.....Two armed people in a truck that matched My Vickies truck had robbed an all night store just 15 minutes before My Vickie and Andy had left the house.

There was an all points bulletin to stop and detain anyone driving a vehicle that matches the description.

Luckily My Vickie knew one of the officers and they all had a good laugh and sent her on her way.

Little did they know that it scared her so bad, she broke out in tears every few hours for the next two days while she was on the search.

40 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Vickie! That was a scarey experience! It happened to my Mommy too, 'cept she was on her way home from work, and there were police at the station and her dog (at the time Corkey) was not in the car!
Mommy said she got shivvers reading your story.
Lots of soothing purrs,
Nellie

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

BOL....Memories in the great Book of Life, I guess.

Chloe said...

Oh my goodness...maybe time for a new car?! :) You look most adorable though!

24 Paws of Love said...

OH my Goodness! What luck you have! I would have been shaking and in tears as well. What a scary experience. I agree with Chloe, time for some new wheels!! :)

GOOSE said...

Wowzers. That's quiet the story. Someone could surmise that bad guys like to drive red puck ups.

MOM had a simulate thing happen. House burglary, suspect driving a red blazer, female. Short story MOM got pulled over, guns drawn, MOM handcuffed and put in the back of the police car. Her Blazer search. Then one of MOM’s friends on the police force drove up, looked in the back seat and started laughing. He had a little fun at MOM’s expense. Then finally told the arresting officer that she was the pastor of the United Methodist Church. Moments after the handcuffs were off, the real suspect drives by in a red Blazer and the chase was on.
Blessings,
Goose

rottrover said...

What a scarey experience! We hope the girl that got hit and runned will be better soon. What a way to spend the holidays...

-Bart and Ruby

JacksDad said...

I think I would get rid of that truck if I were you! :)

bichonpawz said...

Yikes! That is very, very scary! Mama would have freaked out! Perhaps you could paint your truck? Xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

Bailey Be Good! said...

Oh my goshies!!! I think it's time for your Vickie to get a new truck!!

My mommy would have the same wild imagination... ;)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Whisppy said...

That must have been REALLY REALLY scary for your poor Vickie! Though it does seem rather funny now...

Scooter said...

Yah I would say maybe you should get rid of the truck bol
what a story and my mom would have cried too. Hope they find the guy that hit the girl!!

wags
jazzi and Addy

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Oh my dog, that would have been very very scary. My mum probably would have peed her pants as well as being totally freaked out. At least the Police were on top of their job.

Hope they find the person who hit the poor girl. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Molly the Airedale said...

What a scary story! Maybe the pick-up needs a new paint job!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Ruby and Penny said...

OMG! That is a terrifying ordeal. To be followed at night and then to have a gun pointed at you. Shame on those officers.
Love Ruby & Penny

HoundDogMom said...

Our Mom would have peed her pants. I have always said though if someone follows me to the big house we will go. Sniffs,The HoundDogs

2browndawgs said...

I think maybe your Vickie needs a different truck! :)

Just Ramblin' said...

I was so nervous reading your post. Yikes what a frightening experience!

Scooter said...

Hey Bert!
Wow, what a scary pair of stories! I sure hope they catch that nasty peep that hit the little girl. I hope she gets well fast. Boy, that would have scared my Mom something fierce! Definitely a reason for a good cry. I'm glad we BPD officers never scare anyone except squirrels and munks!
BTW: Great pix of you!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

KB said...

I'm starting to think that you might need to get a different kind of vehicle!

Your experience in the middle of the night sounds very very scary. I'm so glad that one of the officers knew you so that it all ended quickly.

I hope that poor girl is okay. What a horrible thing.

Bert does look very handsome in your search hat!

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Bert,

Your poor Vickie!! I feel so bad for her, so I can understand why she was reluctant to go out and see the Police Officers this time around!!

I'm hoping they catch the real bad guys and your Vickie can relax!! Give her a hug from me!!

Your pal Snoopy :)

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH MY!! THAT is One Scary story..

My mom would have had wet stuffs coming out of her too... butt not from her EYES. Just sayin.

The Army of Four said...

Very. Scary. Story.
We will say a prayer for the little girl who was hit! :(
Luv,
Dave

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh my goodness, that is such a scary story! Mom once had aguy on a motorcycle follow her because he thought she had cut him off. She drove straight to the police station too and he followed her in too. Luckily it was daytime. Mom went inside and reported him but he took off. The cops went after him and gave him a good talking to. Mo didn't cry but we all can understand why your Vickie did.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

K9 Katastrophie said...

Poor Vickie!! My mommy would have been hysterical!!! Glad your both okay! We're saying prayers for the poor girl that got run over.

Licks,
Ruthie

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

Oh my goodness gracious!! I can see how that might scare a person! YIKES! Glad it all turned out ok though.

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

Anonymous said...

OMD that sure was a scary time for your Miss Vickie! Yikes!

I is fury happy that the little girl is OK now. So very sorry that it happened at all let alone at the holidays!

woos, Tessa

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Your poor Vickie-I can't believe she still has the truck, I would have gotten rid of it after that. I hope the girl that got hit heals quickly. You and your Vickie have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas from our house to yours.
Hugs, Noreen & Reggie

Elaine Pritchard said...

Poor poor Vickie. What a horrible thing to happen.

Love and licks, Winnie

NCmountainwoman said...

That could definitely give a person a scare for quite some time. Your Vickie might just have to ditch that truck.

Ina in Alaska said...

Very scary!! and I hope the jogger recovers and feels better soon.

Scrappy Angel said...

oh goodness. i am sad about the jogger. and what a frightening experience your Vickie had!

My momma's heart would leap out of her chest if that happened to her!

Bassetmomma said...

Wow! That must have been pretty scarey. We've had a couple of mistaken identity bouts ourselves. Thank goodness you could laugh about it after! Thanks for throwing in the great picture of Bert!

Backcountry Brodie said...

OMD, that do be a skeery story! Mom got pulled ofur once coz her car woz the same as a FURRY MOST WANTED car but the pawlice seened right away she woz not the PERP and let her go so it woz not skeery fur her like My Vickie's story. Hope that jogger be OK and that the pawlice find the RIGHT red truck.

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all!

Whoa, that is one frightening story...but it happens to people all the time...only the ending isn't with friendlies.

Stopped by to wish y'all a very Merry Christmas!

Hawk aka BrownDog

Peggy Frezon said...

I will pray the girl who got hit is okay. The other story is so scray! Did they ever find the right vehicle? You need a bumper sticker for your car, maybe something like: "I didn't do it!"

Dexter said...

Those are both really scary stories and I think I would have pee'd a little if I was riding in the car when those scary coppers came up with their guns drawn.

I sure hope that little girl survives and they get the miscreant that did that to her.

Slobbers,
Mango

Kootenai's Summit Post said...

Oh Bert! That is a SCARY story! Poor Vickie! My mom would cry too! Your human sounds very brave and courageous. You are one LUCKY dawg!

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Bowsers, that sounds like two very amazing adventures and grrreat stories.

We had do go back and look up pictures of Andy. He looks like an amazing tri-color.

Merry Essexmas

Essex, Sherman & Dog Dad

Anonymous said...

My goodness! Maybe a car would be a better vehicle next time! :O Your trucks sure seem to get a lot of unwanted attention! Glad everything turned out okay Whew!

Happy Holidays to yaz,
Roo

Sagira said...

Goodness, it sure sounds like Vickie needs a new truck that is bright yellow or something that doesn't look like any other truck.