Sunday, December 18, 2011

Roo You Rock

 UPS came by our little Kennel this week and brought us the strangest package.  Actually it was for me, not Us.  Well it was kind of for us, but mostly for ME.   It was about 6 inches wide and 6 inches deep and about a gazillion inches high.

We hurried in the house and opened it up and Guess What?  There was a Christmas Tree in it.  My Very Own Christmas Tree.  and it is live so we can plant it in the spring and  I will have my very own Christmas Tree all year round.

My lovely  friend  Roo from Roos doins  Heard my cries of unfairness cause we don't have a tree and so she SENT ME A CHRISTMAS TREE.  The most beautiful tree in all of Blogville too.  And at night My Vickie plugs in the beautiful lights and I get to just sit and stare at it for hours.

Roo, THANK YOU soooooo much.   I HAVE A TREE
 Everyone at the kennel is jealous so My Vickie brought out Mr Hand-Puppet to distract them from the fact that it is MY TREE and they can't play with it.

Mr. Hand-Puppet is kind of fun.  He moves, and talks and grabs your nose.  Lexy loves him.
 And I think Mr. Hand-Puppet loves her too.
 Mr. Goose and I went for a walk Saturday too.  I had seen Gooses blog and was making all kinds of fun of him having to wear all those jingle bells.  His human went way overboard on the bells this hear.  You should check out the silly video on Gooses blog yesterday .    

I warned him NOT To bring the bells on the walk cause they make so much noise, and do you know what that goof ball did?  He not only brought his bell collar, but he brought one for me to wear.

I was mortified.   My Vickie MADE me wear it.  But you know, I got to liking that thing.  IN fact, I really like it.  It sounds so cool as I go running with it. 
 Once we started the hike, My Vickie took my cool collar off cause she was sure I would get it muddy or wet or something like that.  Imagine that....Me getting something dirty or wet.

Me and Goose explored all over in the King Fisher trail area.  Goose made jingling sounds as he walked.  It was cool hearing it through the brush.
 WE found a cool old tree that you can crawl into and sleep if you want.  I wonder if some of my two legged friends that live in the area have used this as protection from the elements.   It was big enough to sleep in if you wanted.
 Goose and I played tug-of-war and frolicked in the river.  It was great fun.  Goose gets a Little physco with the stick thing though.

Check out the close up below.  Scary eyes.....

 Then at the river My Vickie found these cool ice designs along the shore of the river.
 Pretty cool, don't ya think.

 Tons more play and a little more hiking.
 A couple of poses in the brush
And a final leap up and over the cliff, and it was time to go home. 

I ended the day with a snooze by my Christmas tree and a final prayer for blessings to my new friends that are having such a hard time after a most horrendous loss of loved ones. 

Sleep well tonight my friends at Kissa Bull  and know you are in all of our thoughts.

Love
Bert

32 comments:

Road Dog Tales said...

That Roo is a thoughtful guy, eh? Glad you have your own tree now so Santa knows where to put all your pressies!

And what a fun day for you and the Goose! Bet you sounded just like Santa's sleigh with your bells on! Love the ice designs, kinda look like jellyfish :)

Also love all those pics and paintings on your wall :)

The Road Dogs

Anonymous said...

OMD! What a cool Tree! You are so lucky!

Those ice things are great!

xo
Luna

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Now THAT'S a true friend!!!

And such great photo sf your adventures!

Woofs,
Tommy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

No tree here this year either, Bert. But now you will have a tree every year, although you may have to decorate it outside:) That Roo sure is a great pal.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Anonymous said...

Hi Bert! Getting into the festive spirit I see and it was nice to see Mr Goose. We enjoyed looking at the photos. Zola xx

The Army of Four said...

My heart goes out to Goose. I mean , the jingle collar is pretty cool - I could get into that sort of thing. But on his TAIL!!!? And all during the video, it's like ... it's like it was giving my mom some kind of whacky ideas! Very concerned about that. And about Goose, of course.
GREAT pix of your adventure! I especially like the ice and the last two of you and Goose!
Play bows,
Zim

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Aiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee BERT !!! That FURST Ice/Stick picture scared me.. almost as much as.... "HE" does... I thought it was a SNAKE!!! WHEW!

NOW that is the mostest FANGtastic Christmas Tree in ALL of Blogville.. FOR SURE. #1 it is from ROO and #2 I do NOT see a single Snowman on it!!

OH Poor GOOSE... I saw that whole Belled Tail thingy on his blog. SHEESH the poor guy. I think he should take them all off and put them in.... (YOU KNOW WHO's) TAIL. I'm just sayin.

GOOSE said...

What a great tree Bert! I still think if MOM would put up a tree then I would not have to be decorated. But if I have to go through it then I want to share with you, it is the season of giving you know.
Thanks for the great romp on Saturday. I was TUCKERED out when I got home. MOM had to help me on to the couch I was so tired. She even took off the bells (wish I knew where she put them).
Blessings,
Goose

Sagira said...

Goose looks so cute in his bells.

Those ice photos are really neat!

Looks like you boys had a great time. :)

Kootenai's Summit Post said...

Beautiful blog today Burt! I have a bell for my collar too. I guess you have to be careful what you wish for...or you might get a TREE! bol! lOVE THE ICICLES TOO! rUFF

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and Goose had a pawsome time!

I just love your Christmas tree! It is all pretty and decorated too!

woos, Tessa

Backcountry Brodie said...

I think you be the only dog efur with hims furry own Chrissmass tree! I am gessing, tho, that you is not allowed to leave pee mail on it, even tho it be gifted to you and only you by the Roo.

Scrappy Angel said...

WOW. You might just be the luckiest dog ever. Your own LIVE tree!? I like your tiny decorations too! I will have to head over and watch the video on Goose's blog! Jingle Bells! Way to get into the spirit of the holidays! Love your photos! We are all thinking of those who are dealing with loss at what is supposed to be a joyful time.

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

You? Dirty? Muddy? Naw! We find it hard to believe! We think it's super cool that you have a tree, BTW! (Our Granny sent us a 2' fake one last year so Mom would have no excuses about putting one up!) And nice ice photos - especially since the Snow Gods aren't favoring us as of late...

*kissey face*
-Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

Unknown said...

Bert! You are the luckiest! Not only a tree, but a decorated tree and one you can plant in the yard!
That is so cool. And my hairy slobbery sisters are jealous of your walks. Since Daddy got sick, they don't get to go very far. They sure likes me reading about yours and showing them the pictures.
Kisses
Nellie

NCmountainwoman said...

What a beautiful little tree!

I just loved peering at your fun day. You have such great adventures! I'm a little glad my girls can't use the computer like you do. They would be furious at me and so jealous of you, especially 'cause you get to jump in the water any time you want.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Oh my gosh Bert. That's just wonderful. Now you can enjoy your Christmas tree too. What a great friend Roo is. Your walk looked like heaps of fun. Take care all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

Charlotte said...

oh my darling! Goose wrote me about your jingle day...
You both are unbelievable!!
I hope you'll get my christmas-parcel soon - so you have something to put under your wonderful tree!
I miss you but in my dreams I share Xmas with you!
Lots of kisses Charlotte

Molly the Airedale said...

Our thoughtful of Roo! What a great friend!
I love my Christmas collar with jingle bells on it too, Bert!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

2browndawgs said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! Goose sure does have scary eyes. lol

the 2 brown dawgs

KB said...

What a fun day! I love your tree. That Roo does ROCK!

Our dogs wear bells whenever we go out - to tell the bears and cougars that we are nearby. We instituted this after K chased a bear straight at us back when she was about 6 months old. Since then, she's gained some sense!

I wondered if a bear had ever slept in that cool tree hollow!

I love the ice designs. You took gorgeous photos of them!

Just Ramblin' said...

Very cool ice photos. All of your photos are amazing. Love the bell collars. We had a bell ornament on Miss Stella and it was driving her nuts! You should try Sunday Stills at wordpress and share your photos! : )

Remington said...

Awesome adventure! Love all the pics -- esp the leaping one!

Scooter said...

Hey Bert!
Wow, your very own tree! Roo's a great furiend and your tree is perfect. Looks like a great time out with Goose. That hideyhole is pawesome and I love those ice pix. Great leap at the end!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Whisppy said...

Roo Rocks! What a thoughtful present. Hey Roo, we are kinda without a tree this year too...*wink*.
Love the bell collars you both have on. :)

Bassetmomma said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a magnificent weekend Bert! I'm so happy you got a tree, too.

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

How very cool that you have your own tree. Our humans have set out several but none are just for us! Hopefully next year we can remedy that situation.

Love your jingle bells but we hope that our mom doesn't discover where they were purchased from. Can't you just hear the five of us jingling all the way???

AROOOOOF!
Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

Suka said...

hey Bert,

I love your Christmas tree! It is so pretty and just the perfect size! Roo rocks! What a super friend to give you such a pawsome gift! I hope Santa puts lots of great gifts under your pretty little tree!

Lexi is adorable, and Mr. Hand-Puppet looks like a lot of fun! Goose is such a riot, and you two seemed to have a blast on your walk. The hideout in the tree is so pawsome. Wonder how old the pee-mail int here was?

Suka

Patrice and Higgins said...

Love your tree...Lucky dog! Also the pictures from your walk looked amazing!!!

~Higgins
http://www.theadventuresofhiggins.blogspot.com/

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Bert,

What's happened to you buddy?! You're enjoying wearing the festive jingly thing? I'm trying to resist, but I have to say you did look kind of cool with it on, did I just say that? Huh?

Anyway, let's change the subject, I'm so happy you got your own tree, it was about time and I'm really pleased Roo sent you one, as it was pretty clear your Vickie wasn't gonna get you one! :( Guess what, I haven't even touched ours yet? I don't want them to take it away! :)

Your pal Goose sure looks like a fun playmate, I wanna come and join in too, I can play tug of war! Tee Hee

Glad you're having so much fun,

Your pal Snoopy :)

Bailey Be Good! said...

Awww!! You're so lucky you and Goose get to play together!! I wish some of my bloggie friends lived near me. I would LOVE to run and play with someone more my size. :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

NanaNor's said...

Hi Bert, I'm so glad you got a tree-it is beautiful and what a thoughtful present from Roo. I always love watching you romp with your friends, you and Goose look like you are having a wonderful time. I too loved the ice shapes.
Have a wonderful afternoon.
Hugs, Noreen & Reggie-dog